The key points of the strategy to achieve are:
Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet of vehicles and the source of its power requirement.
- Minimise the consumption of energy, water, land and raw materials in all business activities and encourage the use of renewable resources.
- Actively promote recycling both internally & amongst our customers/suppliers.
- We have a dedicated battery recycling scheme with Ecosurety, to be used both internally and as a service open to our customers.
We offer an industrial battery take-back service in accordance with The Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009. Please see below.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet all the environmental legislation regarding Reach, RoHs and Conflict Free policies that relate to the company.
- Annually carry out an environmental audit to continually review all processes and procedure to seek improvements to our environmental performance.
Battery Producer Obligations
As a producer of industrial batteries under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009, Easby Electronics Limited (Easby) produce lithium, nickel metal hydride, nickel cadmium and sealed lead acid industrial batteries. We are obliged to take back waste industrial batteries supplied to an end user for treatment and recycling. We are required to do this in any calendar year we place new industrial batteries on the market. If any of our customers or in certain cases other end users, require us to take back Industrial batteries, they should contact us at our Richmond offices on +44 (0) 1748 850 555. We will agree the necessary arrangements for the return, proper treatment and recycling of the waste industrial batteries. In the event that a cost neutral recycling option is available to us, Easby Electronics will offer our take-back service on a free of charge basis. Easby Electronics do not include provision for recycling costs into our prices and therefore, where recycling and transportation costs are significant, we require our customers to cover such costs and enter into an alternative financing agreement in accordance with part 5 provision 37 of the regulations.